Securing a career best result, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Pascal Rauchenecker has won the three-hour long cross-country race on the second day of competition at the EnduroGP of Great Britain. Further strengthening the team’s impressive performances at the penultimate round of the 2017 FIM EnduroGP World Championship Christophe Charlier wrapped up the weekend with two top three results in the premier EnduroGP class. 

For Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s Enduro 2 class rider Pascal Rauchenecker the unique race format gave the Austrian the chance to shine. Suffering one too many mistakes in the early stages of the opening day’s sprint enduro to challenge for the podium, Pascal nevertheless kept improving his speed as the day progressed. Putting in the best time in the Enduro 2 class in the last two tests of day one, he eventually placed sixth in the 250cc class. 

Determined to battle for the class win on day two, Pascal followed a well-calculated plan of attack that saw him secure an impressive outright victory. Opting to make a cautious start to the three-hour-long event, the FE 250 mounted rider went on to claim a career first Enduro World Championship victory. 

For Pascal’s Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team partner Danny McCanney, the Manxman managed to secure the best result of the season to date on the second day of racing at the Hawkstone Park circuit. Earning fourth on day one, Danny was just four seconds from a top three result on Saturday. Coming back stronger on day two, the TE 250 powered rider earned a strong runner-up Enduro 2 class result, crossing the finish line just two minutes behind his teammate Rauchenecker. 

Going from strength to strength in his rookie season of international enduro competition, Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing’s official representative in the premier EnduroGP category wrapped up the British GP by adding two more top three results to his 2017 campaign. Getting third on day one, the FE 350 rider was able to show more of his speed during Sunday’s GNCC-styled event. Battling for the win on Sunday, the Frenchman eventually claimed a strong runner-up position in the EnduroGP class. 

The eighth and final round of the 2017 FIM EnduroGP World Championship will take place in Zschopau, Germany on October 20-22. 

Pascal Rauchenecker: “It was a good weekend for me and I’m happy with my first victory in the class. On day one I struggled to get a good speed in the toughest parts of the enduro test but as soon as we got to the cross test I was able to show my speed. I was happy to end the day by winning the last two tests. Then on day two we made some small changes to our set-up and it was a lot easier for me to push in the woods sections. My bike was working awesome. I knew the race would be long so I decided to keep a steady pace from the start. In the last hour I decided to up my pace a bit without pushing over the limits. Overall, it all worked according to plan and I was really glad to get the win. I’m also proud to be the first Austrian rider to win an Enduro World Championship race.” 

Danny McCanney“I’ve put a lot of effort into this race and I was really looking forward to it. We had two great tests on Saturday and a long and exhausting three-hour long race on Sunday. It was a new experience for all so I just did my best for some good results. Overall, I’m really happy with fourth on Saturday and second on Sunday. It was a tough weekend and we manged to come out of it with two positive results. My bike ran great throughout the weekend and it was pleasing to get these two results. The plan now is to take some rest before going back to my normal special test training. My focus now is on the big final in Germany.”

Christophe Charlier“My speed was good throughout the weekend. On day one I struggled with the different format. I did my best to get some good times in the morning enduro tests but as we headed to the cross test I soon found out the lines where nothing close to what I expected them to be. Then on day two I got off to a bad start in the cross-country race but pushed hard to find myself battling for the win. I felt quite good on my bike but a couple of crashes forced me to settle for second at the finish. Overall, it’s been a great weekend for me and I’m very happy to secure two more podium results in EnduroGP class.” 

Results – 2017 FIM Enduro World Championship, Round 7 

Day 1 

EnduroGP 
1. Steve Holcombe (Beta) 56:38.71; 2. Nathan Watson (KTM) 57:09.96; 3. Christophe Charlier (Husqvarna) 57:22.12; 4. Loïc Larrieu (Yamaha) 57:23.15; 5. Jaume Betriu (KTM) 58:28.65… 12. Craig Norrey (Husqvarna) 1:10:34.04 

Enduro 2 
1. Josep Garcia (KTM) 57:22.85; 2. Eero Remes (TM) 57:33.03; 3. Jamie McCanney (Yamaha) 57:44.04; 4. Danny McCanney (Husqvarna) 57:48.26; 5. Davide Guarneri (Honda) 58:32.54; 6. Pascal Rauchenecker (Husqvarna) 59:03.26… 9. Henric Stigell (Husqvarna) 59:51.17… 12. Thomas Oldrati (Husqvarna) 1:00:27.59 

Day 2 

EnduroGP 
1. Nathan Watson (KTM) 18 laps, 3:01:44.372; 2. Christophe Charlier (Husqvarna) 3:02:23.735; 3. Loïc Larrieu (Yamaha) 3:02:29.636; 4. Jaume Betriu (KTM) 3:02:37.119; 5. Steve Holcombe (Beta) 3:07:01.512… 10. Craig Norrey (Husqvarna) 12 laps, 3:06:09.147 

Enduro 2 
1. Pascal Rauchenecker (Husqvarna) 18 laps, 3:01:36.598; 2. Daniel McCanney (Husqvarna) 3:03:32.419; 3. Josep Garcia (KTM) 3:04:28.301; 4. Jamie McCanney (Yamaha) 3:05:15.515; 5. Davide Guarneri (Honda) 3:06:29.555… 7. Henric Stigell (Husqvarna) 3:08:32.759 

Championship Standings (After Round 7) 

EnduroGP 
1. Steve Holcombe (Beta) 300pts; 2. Loïc Larrieu (Yamaha) 260; 3. Nathan Watson (KTM) 247; 4. Matthew Phillips (Sherco) 216; 5. Giacomo Redondi (Honda) 180... 9. Christophe Charlier (Husqvarna) 157… 12. Antti Hellsten (Husqvarna) 84; 13. Mathias Bellino (Husqvarna) 81; 14. Ramon Quer Molgo (Husqvarna) 40; 15. Marko Tarkkala (Husqvarna) 38… 20. Craig Norrey (Husqvarna) 20… 25. Billy Bolt (Husqvarna) 17; 26. Mike Brown (Husqvarna) 14… 32. Ondrej Helmich (Husqvarna) 9 

Enduro 2 
1. Josep Garcia (KTM) 312pts; 2. Jamie McCanney (Yamaha) 299; 3. Eero Remes (TM) 274; 4. Pascal Rauchenecker (Husqvarna) 244; 5. Daniel McCanney (Husqvarna) 206… 7. Henric Stigell (Husqvarna) 180… 10. Thomas Oldrati (Husqvarna) 154… 31. Oscar Balletti (Husqvarna) 4… 33. Damiano Lullo (Husqvarna) 3; 34. Mikael Miettinen (Husqvarna) 2