The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team traveled to Millville, Minnesota for the Spring Creek National on Saturday, the eighth round of the AMA Pro Motocross Championship. Christophe Pourcel continued to impress aboard his Husqvarna FC 450 by finishing fourth in the 450 class. Zach Osborne and Martin Davalos finished 11th and 12th, respectively in the 250 class, while teammate Jason Anderson sat the weekend out to recover from injury.

After posting the third-fastest qualifying time in the 450 class, Christophe Pourcel lined up for the first moto feeling confident. He looked strong at the start by coming out of the gate in fourth, finished the first lap in fifth, and held strong to the finish. He got a decent start in the second moto and again came out of the first lap in fifth. He continued to fight and made it to third by lap four before finishing the race in fourth. The 5-4 finish gave him fourth overall, and he is currently fifth in 450 rider point standings.

“The goal is always to be consistent,” said Pourcel. “I try to be strong in my motos and its tough because there’s so many good guys. It’s tough to crack the top five. I’m just trying to do my own thing and get good starts and stay with the top five. We have a good thing going on now. It’s just a matter of finding lines. It’s tough to fight with those guys because they are so fast. Overall it was a pretty decent weekend for me, though.”

Zach Osborne got a mid-pack start in the first 250 moto and started navigating his Husqvarna FC 250 through the field of riders before an incident forced a DNF. He lined up for the second moto looking to redeem himself. After pulling a good start, he immediately started charging to make up for lost ground and was in third by the fifth lap. He got into second in lap six before finding his way back to third and holding strong to the finish. He finished the day 11th overall, and is currently fifth in 250 rider point standings.

“I turned a bad day into a good day,” said Osborne. “I pulled a really good start in the second moto and ended up getting third. That was actually my first good start of the season. I was really happy with that. The first moto DNF kind of hurt me in the points but I pulled it together for moto two. We’ll soldier on.”

Martin Davalos started in the middle of the pack in the first 250 moto and kept it steady for the remainder of the race until he got taken out by a lapper with two laps to go and finished 15th. He started mid-pack in the second moto and made his way to eighth by the fifth lap. He stayed strong, made another pass and ended the race in seventh. The 15-7 finish gave him 12th overall on the day. He is currently 12th overall in 250 rider point standings.

“I like Millville,” said Davalos. “It was interesting to see how much they watered the track during practice. It was tough to find lines because it was so muddy, but the track came around pretty well. I felt like I made some good improvements for the first moto and passed some people. I got up to eighth then a lapper took me out with two laps to go. I’m pretty bummed. I put a lot of effort and work in to get up there and it’s unfortunate that I had to deal with that. I didn’t get the best start in the second moto but I made some quick passes in the beginning and was able to put in a hard charge to finish seventh. I’m pretty pumped with everything and I’m really excited to go to Washougal—it’s one of my favorite tracks. I’m looking for two solid motos.”

Spring Creek MX Results:
250 Class:1. Jeremy Martin
2. Cooper Webb
3. Alex Martin

11. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing12. Martin Davalos – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
250 Class Rider Point Standings:1. Cooper Webb – 337 points
2. Jeremy Martin – 299 points
3. Joey Savatgy – 287 points
4. Alex Martin – 270 points
5. Zach Osborne – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 237 points6. Austin Forkner – 221 points
7. Aaron Plessinger – 217 points
8. Arnaud Tonus – 163 points
9. RJ Hampshire – 153 points
10. Adam Cianciarulo – 150 points

12. Martin Davalos – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 135 points
450 Class:1. Ken Roczen
2. Marvin Musquin
3. Eli Tomac
4. Christophe Pourcel – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing 
450 Class Rider Point Standings:1. Ken Roczen – 387 points
2. Eli Tomac – 332 points
3. Marvin Musquin – 243 points
4. Justin Barcia – 215 points
5. Christophe Pourcel – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 202 points6. Broc Tickle –171 points
7. Cole Seely – 151 points
8. Justin Brayton – 144 points
9. Justin Bogle – 136 points
10. Ryan Dungey – 131 points