Nuclear Cowboyz® Storms into 2014 for 14-City Tour
Fifth Anniversary to Feature Eight New Tour Cities, Multi-Time X Games Medalists, Stunts by Shaolin Kung Fu Warriors and a New StorylineAURORA, Ill (July 17, 2013) – Feld Motor Sports® announced today the 2014 Nuclear Cowboyz® freestyle motocross (FMX) tour schedule. The highly anticipated 14-city tour, which marks the show’s fifth anniversary, will visit eight new markets and kicks off for the first time ever from Lexington’s Rupp Arena on Saturday, January 4. Tickets will be available to the general public on Friday, July 26. Tickets for members part of Cross Club will be available starting Monday, July 22 through Thursday, July 25. For more information and to become a Cross Club member for free, click here.
The 2014 Nuclear Cowboyz FMX tour is the most explosive choreographed arena-based production in the world. The show features a storyline conveyed through more than 1000 gravity-defying freestyle tricks performed by the globe’s most dominant freestyle athletes. The action-packed show is complete with stunning laser effects, the largest indoor pyrotechnics show and an infectious soundtrack comprised of heavy metal, electronic dubstep and alternative hip hop.
Adding to the action, the show features the critically-acclaimed Shaolin Kung Fu Warriors defying their limits of courage through heart-wrenching martial arts performances with swift movements, extreme force and fierce concentration that test the sheer strength and agility of their bodies. These warriors will usetheir own bodies to bend metal rods, break objects in precise strikes and be lifted in the air on the points of handheld spears.
“We are taking Nuclear Cowboyz to a whole new level in 2014 for the tour’s fifth anniversary,” said Juliette Feld, producer and executive vice president, Feld Entertainment. “For the first time ever, the show will feature incredible acts of athleticism and bravery from the Shaolin Kung Fu Warriors alongside an award-winning cast of world’s most decorated freestyle athletes defying the laws of physics. Together, they are taking what’s humanly possible to the limit.”
Following a four-year hiatus, Nuclear Cowboyz welcomes back freestyle pioneer Jeremy “Twitch” Stenberg, a 10-time X Games medalist currently leading the ranks in the 2013 X Games Best Whip contest. Stenberg will be joined by Mike Mason, who has seven X Games medals, including two golds from 2013 Moto X Speed & Style competitions, four-time medalist Taka Higashino, who recently won X Games Moto X Freestyle, four-time X Games medalist Ronnie Faisst, eight-time X Games Step Up medalist Matt Buyten and Winter X Games gold medalist Colten Moore. These athletes will be riding alongside freestyle heavyweights Derek Garland, Jimmy Fitzpatrick, Nick Dunne, Brody Wilson, Marco Picado and more in an action-infused freestyle performance of pure danger and raw combat.
"I’m looking forward to returning to Nuclear Cowboyz in 2014 and teaming up with freestyle motocross' top athletes for this action-packed show," said Stenberg. "It's been a few years, and I've added several X Games gold medals since, so I'm really amped to throw down my trick arsenal in front of packed arenas."
Nuclear Cowboyz 2014 returns with support from a creative team including:
- · Scotty Nguyen (Director and Choreographer) – Returns as director and choreographer for Nuclear Cowboyz 2014. A seasoned choreographer for Feld Entertainment productions, Nguyen’s performance credits include working with Michael Jackson and the Spice Girls Reunion tour, as well as choreographing for TV and film such as FOX’s The X Factor and MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew.
- · Ben Joseph (Writer) – Has written more than 200 scripts for television animations and was awarded a Daytime Emmy for his work writing on Disney’s children’s animated TV series Rolie Polie Olie. The 2014 Nuclear Cowboyz tour marks Joseph’s first year as a writer for the show.
- · Micky Dymond (Stunt Choreographer) – Dymond, a two-time AMA Motocross National Champion, returns to Nuclear Cowboyz for his fifth year bringing along his extensive racing and stunt knowledge to oversee the world’s greatest freestyle motocross riders.
- · Jesse Blevins (Lighting Designer) – Has overseen spectacular lighting scenery for a wide range of performers and performances, such as the Backstreet Boys: Live from O2 Arena, No Doubt Tour with lead singer Gwen Stefani, Dancing with the Stars tours and Feld Entertainment’s Disney On Ice shows. Blevins has worked with each Nuclear Cowboyz tour since its inception.
- · Rick Papineau (Scenic Designer) – Papineau serves as Vice President of Scenic Elements for Feld Entertainment. Papineau is responsible for creating props, scenic elements and special effects for Feld Entertainment’s touring shows Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey®, Disney On Ice andNuclear Cowboyz.
- · Dawna Oak (Costume Designer) – Brings experience in managing the exotic costumes for the thousands of performers from several of Feld Entertainment’s productions, which include Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey, Disney On Ice and Nuclear Cowboyz.
The Nuclear Cowboyz 2014 freestyle motocross tour will travel to the following North American cities:
Nuclear Cowboyz 2014 Tour Schedule
January 4-5 Rupp Arena Lexington, Ken.
January 11-12 Scottrade Center St. Louis
January 18-19 XL Center Hartford, Conn.
January 24-25 Van Andel Arena Grand Rapids, Mich.
January 31-February 1 Dunkin Donuts Center Providence, R.I.
February 8 Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis
February 21-23 Tampa Bay Times Forum Tampa, Fla.
March 1-2 IZOD Center East Rutherford, N.J.
March 8-9 Amway Center Orlando, Fla.
March 15 New Orleans Arena New Orleans
March 29-30 SAP Center San Jose, Calif.
April 5-6 Tacoma Dome Tacoma, Wash.
April 12-13 Reliant Stadium Houston
April 26-27 The Arena at Gwinnett Center Duluth, Ga.
Experience Nuclear Cowboyz with a VIP Fallout Zone ticket. A very limited number of tickets are set aside for the BIGGEST Nuclear Cowboyz fans. Each VIP Fallout Zone ticket includes: Premium seating and admission to a private meet-and-greet with the stars of Nuclear Cowboyz 2014 where fans will be presented with a commemorative VIP Fallout Zone credential and poster. Only VIP Fallout Zone ticket holders will be able to take part in the meet-and-greet. It's the ultimate VIP experience. Don't wait as these seats are extremely limited and will go fast.
Information regarding tickets for the Nuclear Cowboyz 2014 tour can be found by visiting www.NuclearCowboyz.com.
For more information on the Nuclear Cowboyz tour, please log on to www.NuclearCowboyz.com. For all media requests, please contact Brian Rog email@example.com or (630) 566-6205. To join us on Facebook and Twitter for updates on your favorite riders, cast members and latest tour stops, log on tohttp://www.facebook.com/nuclearcowboyz and http://twitter.com/nuclearcowboyz.
About Feld Motor Sports®
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports productions include Advance Auto Parts Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross and Nuclear Cowboyz®. Feld Motor Sports is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.
Was this post helpful? Add yours to our service or subscribe to our feed above.