AURORA, Ill. (December 29, 2014) -This Saturday, the 2015 Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, season will kick off at Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif., with the largest media package in the sport's history. Over 100 hours of domestic programming across the FOX Sports channels leads the domestic television distribution. Beginning with this Saturday's live coverage from the season opener in Anaheim on FOX Sports 1 at 7:00 p.m. PT/10:00 ET, the championship features several major media milestones in 2015, including the first-ever live network race on FOX Broadcast Channel on April 25.
"This is an exciting time for Monster Energy Supercross as we enter the 2015 season with the most robust media package in history, spanning across multiple platforms with new cutting edge content," said Ken Hudgens, COO, Feld Motor Sports. "The global television distribution has hit record numbers, and the first ever race on Fox Broadcast Channel elevates the sport to an entirely new level."
- While FOX Sports 1 will air 12 races live beginning at 7:00 p.m. local race time, FOX Sports 2 will carry three live races and FOX Broadcast Channel will air the East Rutherford race live on Saturday, April 25 at 3:00 p.m. ET / Noon PT.
- Once again, every race will be streamed live on FOX's Sports Go app.
- Monster Energy Supercross Behind the Dream has expanded to an 8-episode series in 2015, exclusively on FOX Sports 1. Never before have viewers been given such a personal look into the lives of the sport's athletes who lay it all on the line over the course of 17 weekends. From training routines, to family dynamics, to triumphs and hurdles, viewers will be provided with an insider's perspective of what it takes to be successful in the world's premier off-road motorcycle championship --- on and off the track. The first episode will air on Sunday, January 18 and will focus on #WhosNext in the sport, in addition to a roundtable discussion with some of the legends of Monster Energy Supercross at the epicenter of pressure - Anaheim, California.
- Monster Energy Supercross continues to grow its global television footprint as nearly 200 countries will televise the season, including live coverage in Australia (ESPN). Some of the additional key Monster Energy Supercross international distribution partners include FOX Sports LatAm (Latin America), OSN (Middle East), and AB Moteurs (France).
- 2014 was the inaugural year of Monster Energy Supercross on the American Forces Network (AFN), bringing each race to U.S. installations, U.S. embassies, and other U.S. consulates in 175 countries. Beginning with this weekend's Anaheim opener, U.S. military members will be treated to the highly anticipated three-hour live broadcast.
- The revamped Race Day Live exclusive digital show featuring Jim Holley and Andy Bowyer, is back in 2015 at every race with over three hours of live streaming coverage every Saturday from 12:50 to 4:30 p.m. local time on www.SupercrossLIVE.com. The live stream will provide viewers an inside look at the sport, including interviews, practice, qualifying, and other exclusive content only viewable on SupercrossLIVE.com.
- Other major announcements about the television and digital distribution to Monster Energy Supercross will be coming soon.
For more information on the Monster Energy AMA Supercross, an FIM World Championship, please log on to www.SupercrossLive.com, the official website of Monster Energy Supercross. To follow Monster Energy Supercross on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, log on to www.facebook.com/supercrossLive www.Twitter.com/supercrosslive and www.instagram.com/supercrosslive. Subscribe to our YouTube Channel at http://www.youtube.com/supercrosslive. For all media requests, please contact Denny Hartwig firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-566-6305.
About Feld Motor Sports®
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports productions include Monster Jam®, Monster Energy Supercross, AMSOIL Arenacross and Nuclear Cowboyz®. Feld Motor Sports is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world's largest producer of live family entertainment. Official Monster Truck Series only at Monster Jam. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.