AURORA, Ill. – The 2010 AMA Arenacross Series heads west this weekend for the first of two rounds on the West Coast. Fresno’s Save Mart Center plays host to the eighth round of the season while the AMA Arenacross class championship battle continues to tighten up between Babbitt’s Monster Energy/Ti Lube Kawasaki teammates Tyler Bowers and Josh Demuth.
Last weekend in San Antonio, Demuth grabbed his third victory of the season, chasing down Bowers in the closing stages of the race and making the winning pass to close to within 12 points of the lead in the standings. Bowers, who has six victories so far in 2010, looks to reclaim his early-season control on the class and end his longest drought between wins this season.
Lurking in third place is fellow Babbitt’s Kawasaki rider Chad Johnson. The 2008 AMA Arenacross class champion grabbed the third and final spot on the podium at the Alamo dome, giving the squad its third sweep this year. With the move to the left coast, the world’s best arenacross riders will be presented with a unique test of dryer, slicker and more hard-packed soil, adding another element to the challenges presented from the intimate, technical confines of the discipline.
The on-track competition this season has been some of the most memorable in AMA Arenacross Series history. Even with twice as many wins as the rest of his peers, Bowers has had to work hard each and every weekend to sit in such an enviable spot. The battles have been fierce and the talent is deeper than ever, making Bowers’ success that much more impressive.
While the premier class continues to excite the thousands of fans in attendance and veteran front-runners like reigning champion Jeff Gibson and Nathan Skaggs look to break into the win column for the first time this season, the AMA Arenacross Lites Western Regional Championship prepares for its fourth round of seven. Reynard Mods Kawasaki’s Cory Green seized control of the title fight last weekend, breaking a tie atop the standings with GPF Babbit’s Kawasaki’s A.J. Catanzaro. The gap sits at a miniscule two points and each rider has been at the top of his game each weekend. With a full one-race advantage over third place competitor Jim Neese, the fight for the Western Regional crown will come down to this pair of young up-and-comers.
Saturday night’s race will serve as the final round of competition before the 2010 AMA Arenacross Series enters its final month of competition in March.
Tickets for the Fresno Arenacross are available at the Save Mart Center box office, Ticketmaster, ticketmaster.com and arenacross.com. Action begins Saturday night with opening ceremonies at 7:00 p.m. PST.
AMA Arenacross Class Results (San Antonio, Texas)
- Josh Demuth, North Richland Hills, Texas, Kawasaki
- Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki
- Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki
- Heath Voss, Mico, Texas, Honda
- Kevin Johnson, Spring, Texas, Kawasaki
- Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda
- Dave Ginolfi, Lake Hopatlong, N.J., Suzuki
- Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah, Kawasaki
- Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda
- Willy Browning, Pleasantville, Ohio, Honda
AMA Arenacross Lites Class Results (San Antonio, Texas)
- Heath Voss, Mico, Texas, Honda
- Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Kawasaki
- A.J. Catanzaro, Middlefield, Conn., Kawasaki
- Parker Eckman, Tustin, Calif., Honda
- Jim Neese, Julian, N.C., Yamaha
- Patrick Massie, Washington Court, Ohio, Honda
- Travis Smith, Lancaster, Calif., Yamaha
- Ryan Eppers, Stephenville, Texas, Kawasaki
- Tyler Bright, Lexington, N.C., Yamaha
- Brandon Jones, Denair, Calif., Kawasaki
AMA Arenacross Class Points (After Race 11 of 19)
- Tyler Bowers, Danville, Ky., Kawasaki – 231
- Josh Demuth, North Richland Hills, Texas, Kawasaki – 219
- Chad Johnson, Rhinelander, Wis., Kawasaki – 213
- Nathan Skaggs, Chillicothe, Ohio, Honda – 173
- Jeff Gibson, Thornville, Ohio, Honda – 168
- Zach Ames, Prospect, Ohio, Honda – 165
- Kevin Johnson, Spring, Texas, Kawasaki – 138
- Dave Ginolfi, Lake Hopatlong, N.J., Suzuki –127
- Gray Davenport, Lehi, Utah, Kawasaki – 123
- Brock Sellards, Sherodsville, Ohio, Honda – 119
AMA Arenacross Lites Class Western Regional Points (After Race 3 of 10)
- Cory Green, Nowata, Okla., Kawasaki – 64
- A.J. Catanzaro, Middlefield, Conn., Kawasaki – 62
- Jim Neese, Clinton, N.C., Yamaha – 37
- Parker Eckman, Tustin, Calif., Honda – 34
- Ricky Draper, Bellevue, Neb., Honda – 26
- Tanner Moore, Auburn, Kan., KTM – 25
- Travis Merrill, Quincy, Ill., KTM – 23
- Ryan Eppers, Stephenville, Texas, Kawasaki – 20
- Brandon Jones, Denair, Calif., Kawasaki – 20
- Justin Berry, Edmond, Okla., Kawasaki – 18
For more information on the 2010 AMA Arenacross Series and for media requests, please contact Denny Hartwig at email@example.com or by phone at 630-566-6305.
Tickets are available for the 2010 AMA Arenacross Series online at www.Arenacross.com, www.ticketmaster.com, www.tickets.com. For more information on the AMA Arenacross Series log on to www.Arenacross.com.
About Feld Motor Sports?
Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is the world leader in specialized arena and stadium-based motor sports entertainment. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. productions include Monster Jam®, SuperBull?, Monster Energy Supercross, AMA Arenacross Series, Nuclear Cowboyz?, Gravity Slashers?, and IHRA® Nitro Jam®. Feld Motor Sports, Inc. is a division of Feld Entertainment, the world’s largest producer of live family entertainment. For more information on Feld Entertainment, visit www.feldentertainment.com.Was this post helpful? Add yours to our service or subscribe to our feed above.