FARMINGDALE, N.J. (May 10, 2016) – Bel-Ray sponsored racers, Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing and Jason Anderson of Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing secured second and third place in 450SX overall rider points for the 2016 AMA Supercross season.
During the final race of the season in Las Vegas, Roczen was unable to defeat the downpour that took place during the main event. He started out strong, maneuvering his way from second into first. During the sixth lap, Roczen tucked the front end of his bike on a corner, which resulted in him being unable to finish the race due to mechanical issues.
Despite this, Roczen placed second place overall in 450SX rider point standings after an excellent season. Over the course of the 2016 season, Roczen secured two third place finishes, five runner-ups and five first place victories.
“I’m healthy and ready for the outdoor season,” said Roczen. “I’m super-happy with the 2016 Supercross season, especially with how consistent we were over the last third of the schedule. Me and the team are really looking forward to the 2016 Pro Motocross season.”
Jason Anderson secured runner-up spot in 450SX at the 17th round of the AMA Supercross season in Las Vegas, allowing him to claim third place overall in 450SX rider point standings for 2016. Anderson began the main event in second place before moving back into third. Despite the rain and muddy conditions, Anderson was able to regain his second place position to end the final race of the season on the podium.
“I was pretty comfortable out there,” said Anderson. “But the lappers made it really tough when I got around them. All in all it was a pretty good finish to my sophomore season.”
The season’s final race in Las Vegas also included the 250SX East-West shootout. Throughout the season, Bel-Ray’s sponsored riders in both regions have demonstrated their skills and prowess on the track. Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing rider, Zach Osborne was the runner up in Las Vegas, securing himself fourth overall for 250SX West rider point standings for 2016.
Osborne was able to fight his way into the main event after a minor crash early on in the race due to the adverse track conditions. After finding his way into the holeshot he finished second for the event after starting in 11th place.
“Today had a great end result,” said Osborne. “I was third-fastest in practice before the rain came. The night show started pretty rough. I crashed in the first turn in the heat race. I came from 17th to second – six seconds out of the win. I’m pretty happy with how it went and I feel like I rode well.”
Bel-Ray’s family of sponsored riders achieved the following results for the 2016 AMA Supercross season:
· Ken Roczen – 2nd place, 450SX Overall Rider Point Standings – (20th place at AMA Supercross Las Vegas)
· Jake Weimer – 10th place, 450SX Overall Rider Point Standings – (12th place at AMA Supercross Las Vegas)
· Broc Tickle – 20th place, 450SX Overall Rider Point Standings – (6th place at AMA Supercross Las Vegas)
· Jason Anderson – 3rd place, 450SX Overall Rider Point Standings – (2nd place at AMA Supercross Las Vegas)
· Zach Osborne – 4th place, 250SX West Overall Rider Point Standings – (2nd place at AMA Supercross Las Vegas)
· Martin Davalos – 4th place, 250SX East Overall Rider Point Standings – (10th place at AMA Supercross Las Vegas)
· Christophe Pourcel – 15th in 450SX Overall Rider Point Standings
Team K1 Speed/BWR Engines/SSi Decals
· Cade Clason – 28th place, 450SX Overall Rider Point Standings
Team Legends and Heroes
· Jacob Williamson – 25th place, 250SX East Overall Rider Point Standings
· Darryn Durham – 22nd place, 250SX East Overall Rider Point Standings
For more information on Bel-Ray’s involvement in powersports or Bel-Ray’s full line of powersports products, please visit www.belray.com or call (732) 938-2421.
About Bel-Ray Company, Inc.
Bel-Ray Company, Inc. was founded in 1946 and serves the lubrication needs of powersports, industrial and mining customers worldwide. “Flex Your Engine” with Bel-Ray’s superior Powersports line that delivers top quality Made-in-the-USA lubricants and service products to motorcycle and recreational vehicle enthusiasts around the world. Bel-Ray products are available at powersports dealers worldwide. Visit BelRay.com for a complete dealer listing. Find the right lubricant for your equipment with Bel-Ray’s Lubricant Advisor. Like us on Facebook.com/BelRayCompany or follow us on Twitter/Instagram.