Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing riders Jason Anderson and Martin Davalos made their way to MetLife Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ for the penultimate round of AMA Supercross on Saturday. Christophe Pourcel sat the night out due to injury. Davalos earned another impressive podium finish in 250SX East while teammate Anderson made a comeback from the back of the pack in the 450 main to finish sixth and maintain third overall in 450 rider point standings.

A main event victory last weekend at the Foxborough SX motivated Martin Davalos to stay up front this weekend in East Rutherford. He pulled second at the start of his heat, posted the fastest lap time aboard his Husqvarna FC 250, and held strong to the finish to transfer to the main. In the main, Davalos was second at the start once again and was quickly into the lead at the end of the first lane. He held on to the lead for four laps until moving into second. He stayed consistent the remainder of the race and finished second.

“I had a good night,” said Davalos. “I’ll take a second, but I really wanted that win. I feel like Malcolm was just a little better than me tonight. I feel like I rode really consistent and I don’t have any excuses. I had a good start and my bike worked really well. I’m pumped with how everything went. I was 2nd in qualifying at practice. I’m lucky I was able to put in a solid 15 laps and end up with a 2nd place finish. I’m pretty pumped overall. I’m excited to race the west coast guys in Vegas next weekend and see what plays out. I’m hoping to end up in a good spot in Vegas and then get ready for outdoors."

Jason Anderson started toward the back of the pack in his heat and finished outside a transfer position, forcing him to race the semi. He pulled the holeshot in his semi and sailed smoothly to another semi victory aboard his Husqvarna FC 450 to transfer to the main. He pulled a mid-pack start in the main and was 12th by the second lap. He was on the hunt for the remainder of the race and navigated from 12th to 6th by the finish. He maintains his position at third overall in 450 rider point standings.

“My night was ok,” said Anderson. “I got a bad start in the heat race, but got a holeshot and a win in the semi. I ended up with ninth gate pick in the main so that heat race didn’t help me out the entire night. I actually rode really well and came up from 12th to finish 6th. I almost had 5th, but I’ll make a comeback next weekend in Vegas. The track was good, but it was really tough to make a pass on. There was only one right hander."

East Rutherford Supercross Results:
250SX East Main Event1. Malcolm Stewart
2. Martin Davalos – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
3. Jeremy Martin

250SX East Rider Point Standings:1. Malcolm Stewart – 160 points
2. Aaron Plessinger – 146 points
3. Jeremy Martin – 141 points
4. Martin Davalos – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 130 points5. Shane Mcelrath – 109 points
6. Tyler Bowers – 108 points
7. Gannon Audette – 105 points
8. RJ Hampshire – 99 points
9. Anthony Rodriguez – 78 points
10. Matt Bisceglia – 68 points

450SX Main Event1. Ken Roczen
2. Eli Tomac
3. Cole Seely
4. Ryan Dungey

6. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing

450SX Rider Point Standings:1. Ryan Dungey - 366 points
2. Ken Roczen – 330 points
3. Jason Anderson – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing – 293 points4. Eli Tomac – 270 points
5. Chad Reed – 232 points
6. Marvin Musquin – 213 points
7. Cole Seely – 207 points
8. Justin Brayton – 186 points
9. Trey Canard – 183 points
10. Weston Peick – 125 points

15. Christophe Pourcel – Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 94 points