FARMINGDALE, N.J. (July 19, 2016) – Bel-Ray sponsored racer Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing team claimed his sixth victory of the season at the AMA Pro Motocross Championship South Creek National on July 16.
Roczen was prepared to secure another victory after his second place finish at Southwick. Ready to take home the victory, Roczen did not waste anytime maneuvering his way into first place during the first moto, boosting himself into first. The second moto gave Roczen a tougher fight, then after remaining calm Roczen took the win extending his overall rider point standings by 55 points.
“Took the first moto after some battling,” said Roczen. “Second moto, we got off to a rough start. I almost went down and then in the second turn, I bent my shifter really bad and I missed shifting a bunch of times. It was pretty sketchy so I tried not to shift too much and ride a safe race. I fought my way to the front again and we came away with another win. That’s what we’re shooting for every single weekend no matter how big the gap is and we pulled it off.”
Bel-Ray’s family of sponsored riders achieved the following results at the eighth round of the 2016 AMA Pro Motocross Championship:
RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing Team
- Ken Roczen – (1-1) 1st overall in the 450MX Class at Spring Creek National National
- Broc Tickle – (37-39) 38th overall in the 450MX Class at Spring Creek National
Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing Team
- Christophe Pourcel – (5-4) 4th overall in the 450MX Class at Spring Creek National
- Zach Osborne – (38-3) 11th overall in the 250MX Class at Spring Creek National
- Martin Davalos – (15-7) 12th overall in the 250MX Class at Spring Creek National
- Ronnie Stewart – (38-24) 33rd overall in the 450MX Class at Spring Creek National
- Gared Steinke – (22-26) 25th overall in the 250MX Class at Spring Creek National
The next round of the AMA Pro Motocross season will take place on July 23 in Washougal, Wash. For more information on Bel-Ray’s involvement in powersports or Bel-Ray’s full line of powersports products, please visit www.belray.com or call (732) 938-2421.