FARMINGDALE, N.J. (July 26, 2016) – Bel-Ray sponsored racer Ken Roczen of RCH Soaring Eagle/Jimmy Johns/Suzuki Factory Racing team finished as the 450MX class runner up at the July 23 AMA Pro Motocross Championship in Washougal, Wash.
Roczen kicked moto one off with a great start. Looking to secure his 14th moto win of the 2016 season, Roczen maintained his 10 second lead and secured another victory in the first moto. Despite finishing as the runner up for moto two, Roczen was able to maintain his 55 point lead over his closest competitor, before heading into a break before the 10th round of the season.
“I’m pretty happy,” said Roczen. “Washougal hasn’t been one of my favorite tracks. I had a great first moto but that was the driest I’ve ever seen the track. Obviously, the sun and the shadows played a role later in the day so that was a little sketchy, too. I grabbed two good starts so overall I’m happy with the day. We’re going into a couple weeks break so I think that will be handy for everyone. It’s all good.”
Bel-Ray’s family of sponsored riders achieved the following results at the ninth round of the 2016 AMA Pro Motocross Championship:
· Ken Roczen – (1-2) 2nd overall in the 450MX Class at Washougal National
· Christophe Pourcel – (37-6) 13th overall in the 450MX Washougal National
· Zach Osborne – (5-33) 13th overall in the 250MX Class at Washougal National
· Martin Davalos – (12-32) 16th overall in the 250MX Class at Washougal National
· Kevin Rookstool – (20-38) 24th overall in the 450MX Class at Washougal National
· Ronnie Stewart – (38-25) 33rd overall in the 450MX Class at Washougal National
· Gared Steinke – (22-39) 34th overall in the 250MX Class at Washougal National
The next round of the AMA Pro Motocross season will take place on August 13 in New Berlin, NY at Unadilla National. For more information on Bel-Ray’s involvement in powersports or Bel-Ray’s full line of powersports products, please visit www.belray.com or call (732) 938-2421.
Was this post helpful? Add yours to our service or subscribe to our feed above.