The Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing team battled the tough track and had a winning day at the Glen Helen National, held in San Bernardino, CA, for the second round of the 2017 Lucas Oil Pro Motocross Championship. Zach Osborne claimed the overall victory in the 250 class and maintains the points lead in the class, while teammate Jason Anderson earned a career first moto win in the 450 class. 
Zach Osborne was mid-pack at the start of the first 250 moto and put on a charge. He was 13th at the end of the first lap and started moving through the field. He made it up to ninth by the third lap and continued to push. He battled Alex Martin for the sixth-place spot on the fifth lap and made a successful inside pass to overtake the position before setting his sights on the front of the pack. He inherited fifth shortly after the halfway mark and stayed strong while he put on an amazing ride and put the pressure on the field ahead. He dug deep to close the gap to fourth and made a successful pass to claim the position with under a minute plus two laps to go. He closed in on the third-place spot with two laps remaining before a slight mistake put him off the track. He recovered quickly and stayed focused without losing his position to finish fourth. He was second at the start of the second 250 moto and stayed consistent to finish second. The 4-2 finish gave him the overall victory for the second consecutive week and maintains his lead in 250 rider point standings.
“Today I woke up with a little bit of a sore throat,” said Osborne, “so I was a little concerned with how the day was going to go. I didn’t get the most ideal start in the first moto, but I came from 15th up to fourth. I really focused on my start in the second moto and tried to put it up front. I just rode a smart race in second and took the overall.”
Jason Anderson got a mid-pack start in the first 450 moto and settled into 10th by the end of the first lap. He was bogged down in the sand a bit and fell back to 11th before pushing his Husqvarna FC 450 up to seventh in the fourth lap. He made it around teammate Dean Wilson at the halfway mark for sixth before putting in a late race charge to finish fifth. He pulled a top-10 start in the second 450 moto and was fourth by the end of the first lap. He made another pass on lap three to take the third-place spot and continued to charge. He pushed hard to catch up to the top-two riders and made the pass for second on the fourth lap before setting his sights on the lead. He closed the gap before the end of the next lap and made the pass for the lead in one of the best outdoor rides of his life. He extended his lead to over four seconds with five minutes and two laps to go. He stayed strong to hold on to the lead and earn his first outdoor moto victory on a 450. The 5-1 finish gave him second overall on the day, and he is currently sixth in 450 rider point standings. 
“I was top-five in practice,” said Anderson, “and my weekend turned out pretty well. I had a couple tip overs in the first moto, but still worked my way up to fifth. I started toward the front in the second moto then worked my way through all the guys in front of me and was able to get my first 450 moto win.”
Dean Wilson got a top-10 start in the first 450 moto and was seventh by the end of the first lap. He put in a charge to pass two more riders and overtake the fifth-place spot by lap two before conceding the position and moving back to sixth with 16 minutes to go. Teammate Jason Anderson got around him at the halfway mark, putting him in seventh, before he made a late race push to finish sixth. He was mid-pack at the start of the second 450 moto and found his way into 14th by the end of the first lap before making two more passes in lap two to move up to 12th. After moving up to seventh, he started picking up the pace with four minutes and two laps to go and held on to his position to finish seventh. The 6-7 finish gave him fourth overall on the day, and he is currently fifth overall in 450 rider point standings.
“I finished sixth in the first moto,” said Wilson. “I got a little pumped up but then found my rhythm halfway through the race and ended up sixth - which wasn’t too bad. I had to come through the pack in my second moto and ended up seventh. I feel like I was capable to be on the podium, but I still got fourth overall so it’s good."
Michael Mosiman got a mid-pack start in the first 250 moto and was ninth by the end of the first lap. He made the pass for eighth soon after before falling back to 12th in lap four then moved back up to ninth around the halfway mark. He continued to push and made his way into eighth with 10 minutes to go. He stayed consistent and finished eighth. He got a top-10 start in the second 250 moto and was sixth by the end of the first lap. He held strong to sixth despite a deteriorating track and a ton of traffic. He continued to battle in only his second professional race and would eventually finish 10th. The 8-10 finish gave him eighth overall on the day—his first top-10--and he is currently 10th in 250 rider point standings.

“The track was so rough here at Glen Helen,” said Mosiman. “I managed to get two good starts. The key was to try and get on the line from your practice start because it was deep. I got caught up with Cantrell a little bit in the first moto, and we were stuck for a little bit. I got back up, kept moving forward, and made it up to eighth. I was stoked, and it was super cool to see all the fans and some of my friends cheering me on. It was an unreal experience. The track was so rough, and I had so many close calls so I’m glad I made it out in one piece. I’m pretty happy. It was my first top-10 and only my second race."

Martin Davalos started farther back in the pack in the first 450 moto and was 22nd by the end of the first lap. He advanced to 17th by the fourth lap and continued to push. He stayed strong and made one more pass to finish 16th. He was mid-pack at the start of the second 450 moto and settled into eighth before moving back one spot in lap two. He kept it steady in ninth where he finished. The 16-9 finish gave him 13th overall on the day, and he is currently 14th in 450 rider point standings. 

“Glen Helen is such a gnarly track,” said Davalos. “I feel like I’ve been fighting a little too much with myself. I just need to be a little more patient. I didn’t get a great start in the first moto, then was running in seventh in the second moto then fell back to ninth. Top-10 is always the goal, and I know I can run up there, I just need to put two good motos together. Next week is Colorado, and that’s my favorite round, so I’m really looking forward to that one."

The team will now make its way to the Thunder Valley National, held in Lakewood, Colorado, next Saturday for the third round of the series. 
 
Glen Helen MX Results
 
250 Class
1. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
2. Jeremy Martin
3. Dylan Ferrandis
8. Michael Mosiman - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
 
250 Rider Point Standings
1. Zach Osborne - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 90 points
2. Adam Cianciarulo - 69 points
3. Alex Martin - 67 points
4. Colt Nichols - 65 points
5. Aaron Plessinger - 64 points
6. Jeremy Martin - 59 points
7. Joey Savatgy - 50 points
8. Austin Forkner - 47 points
9. Mitchell Harrison - 43 points
10. Michael Mosiman - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 40 points
 
450 Class
1. Marvin Musquin
2. Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
3. Blake Baggett
4. Dean Wilson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
13. Martin Davalos - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing
 
450 Rider Point Standings
1. Marvin Musquin - 89 points
2. Eli Tomac - 74 points
3. Blake Baggett - 63 points
4. Josh Grant - 60 points
5. Dean Wilson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 58 points
6. Jason Anderson - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 56 points
7. Cole Seely - 54 points
8. Broc Tickle - 53 points
9. Justin Bogle - 49 points
10. Weston Peick - 46 points
14. Martin Davalos - Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing - 31 points